Honors and Awards
- National Award of Tamgha-i-Imtiaz, conferred by the President of Pakistan for making
outstanding contributions to the archaeology and culture of Pakistan.
- Fulbright-Hays Travel Grant to commence Graduate studies at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, U.S.A.
- JDR 3rd Fund Grant for Graduate study and Research, U.S.A.
- University of Pennsylvania Museum Research Fellowship, U.S.A.
- Iranian Ministry of Culture and Arts Grant to attend Second Archaeological Symposium and sites in Iran.1977 Fulbright-Hays Travel Award for teaching
at University of Berkeley and lecturing at various American Universities.
- IsMEO (Istituto Italiano per il Medio ed Estremo Oriente) Grant to participate in the Ninth International Conference on South Asian Archaeology at
- Fulbright-Hays Senior Scholars Grant to do research and teach at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia.
- Postgraduate Research Institute of Archaeology, Colombo grant to participate in the Symposium on the History and Technology in South and
Southeast Asia at Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- 1991 and 1995 (Twice)
- The British Council Grants, for participation in International Conferences at Cambridge University, U.K.
- ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites) Sri Lanka Grant to attend Tenth General Conference of the ICOMOS at Colombo.
- Lumbini Development Trust and Japan Buddhist Federation Grant to attend “Specialists’ Meeting for the Maya Devi Temple Restoration Project” at
- UNESCO’s Grant to attend meeting of Experts on World Heritage Information Management in Paris, France.
- IsMEO Grant to participate in the 14th International Conference on South Asian Archaeology in Rome, Italy.
- Visiting Fellowship, Churchill College, University of Cambridge, U.K.
- Stein-Arnold Research Grant of the British Academy, London.
- Travel Grant from Boston University to attend 16th International Conference on South Asian Archaeology in Paris, France.
- De Montfort University, Leicester and Circle of Inner Asian Art, University of London Grant to participate in an International Conference on
“The South Asian Legacy of Sir Aurel Stein” at Leicester, U.K., 6 & 7 March, 2004.
- Ministry of Culture, Government of Turkmenistan Grant to participate in the International Conference on Architecture of Sultan Sanjar at Ashgabad,
November 17 & 18, 2004.
- Research Institute for Humanity and Nature, RIHN, Kyoto Grant to participate in an International Symposium on Ethnogenesis of South and
Central Asia, June 6 – 8, 2004.
- Two Grants from Boston University, U.S.A. and Victoria & Albert Museum, U.K. for participation in the Biennial Conference of the
European Association of South Asian Archaeologists and Art Historians at London, July 4 – 8, 2005.
- ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites) China Grant to participate in the ICOMOS 15th General Assembly and Scientific Symposium
on “ Monuments in their Settings: Conserving Cultural Heritage in Changing Townscapes and Landscapes” at Xian, October 17 – 21, 2005