International Assignments as Adviser, Consultant and Expert
* Archaeological ADVISOR to the Government of Bahrain, Directorate of Antiquities, Ministry of Information, for two years from October 1980 to October 1982.
* THE WORLD BANK Consultant for Cultural Heritage Assessment of Fordwah Eastern Sadiqia (South) Sub-surface Drainage Project in Bahawalnagar district, Punjab, Pakistan during September 1998 and May-June 1999.
* UNESCO Consultant on special assignment for the preparation of Feasibility Report on the Establishment of International Institute of Comparative Civilizations at Taxila in the context of Silk Roads Project from October to December 1996. (This Institute has now been established).
* On UNESCO, Beijing Office assignment for an Assessment of Hanyuan Hall Conservation Project, Xi’an, a joint work of the National Administration for Cultural Heritage, China and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan between March 5 and 8, 2001.
* National Project Coordinator of Pakistan, Japan and UNESCO for the Investigation and Preservation of Gandhara Monuments, 1995 – 96.
* Visiting Fellow and Professor at Churchill College, Cambridge University, U.K. jointly sponsored with the British Academy, to conduct research on Settlement Patterns and Cultural Landscape of Northern South Asia, early October 1998 to March 1999.
* Senior FULBRIGHT Scholar, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, U.S.A., 1988 –1989 for research and lecturing.
1998- to date: Assignments as International Expert/ Consultant to the ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites) for evaluation of the following sites:
- Evaluated ancient Merv (Turkmenistan) proposed for inscription on the UNESCO World Heritage List, December 1998.
- Evaluated Longmen Grottoes (China) proposed to be inscribed on the World Heritage List of UNESCO, January 2000.
- Evaluated Yungang Grottoes (China), proposed for inscription on the UNESCO, World Heritage List, February 28 – March 4, 2001.
- Evaluated Pasargadae, (Iran), proposed for inscription as the World Heritage, August 9 – 13, 2003.
- Evaluated Kunya-Urgengh (Turkmenistan) during August 14 to 22, 2004 for inscription to World Heritage List.
Representated ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites), Paris
- At the Sub-Regional Meeting on Conserving Himalayan Heritage: The Role of the World Heritage Convention, held at Kathmandu (Nepal), August - September 1998.
- At the Global Strategy Expert Meeting for Central Asian Cultural Heritage held at Ashgabat and Mary (Turkmenistan), 11 to 17 May, 2000 organized by the UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre.
- On Reactive Monitoring Mission to Lumbini (Nepal), June 20 – 23, 2000 organized by the UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre.